We are at a crucial juncture of our nation where we need to choose the future In the next 6 months from now, we will see all kinds of politricks to be played to woo the voter base of the country.
Let me present you the my views on party i started admiring a couple of years back and been a relentless follower of it . Starting 2009,politics in my homestate of AP have changed and all parties got back so defensive and so ambiguously ambitious to sustain their survival.Like they say, every adversity provides an opportunity to see the silver lining and help a new force emerge with a sane voice. I will be presenting my case below in a form of Q&A on why you must be supporting a party like Loksatta for better future for ourselves.
If you are already aware of Loksatta and want to be part of the revolution,you can join at http://members.loksatta.org .If you are not in India, you can join Loksatta NRI wing PeopleForLoksatta and contribute from wherever you are. Incase of any further questions, you can call up Loksatta at 040-66736672 . Or you can just ping me if you can .If you want to contribute more in volunteeering, i can help that your passion is not dried of and put to best use.
Q. Why does someone need to have a political opinion ?
- Believe it or not,everyone is part and parcel of politics. You have a birth right and a fundamental duty to vote in this country and elect people to make laws when you turn 18 and have your say in future of the nation. We pay around 50 % of our earnings as taxes directly or indirectly and politicians are supposed to ensure they are used for better good. Its your tax money used for repairing those potholed roads you travel everyday, taking care of water supply , electricity supply and sewage supply for your house,ensuring that your safety is taken care by law enforcement agencies,provides scholarships to your children’s education and much much more .Dont you think its our duty to ensure politics are good and your money is accountable.
Q. What is the political party i support ?
- I support Loksatta Party .
Q.What is Loksatta Party ?
- Loksatta Party is founded by Dr.Jayaprakash Narayan , an IAS officer who served as Andhra Pradesh state secretary and his accolades and accomplishments are extraordinary.He started Loksatta as an NGO for electoral and public policy reforms.This wiki page provides you with ton of information and you must look at the party website .This NGO was transformed to a political party in 2006.It can easily be said as a pioneer for clean politics for this new generation.
Q. Why was an NGO turned to a political party when it was doing a good job ?
- Loksatta NGO was turned to a political party for better good. An NGO has limitations on lawmaking. You can take up an issue , take it to law makers but cannot ensure steps to be taken to mitigate an issue. A public society opinion is only considered when the issue is serious and also mostly for political mileages. This was the same reason Anna-Kejriwal led IAC had to form a political party called AamAadmi party by Kejriwal . Rest is all the recent news.
Q. What makes me think Loksatta is better and apart from all political parties ?
- Loksatta Party has strong ethical principles, extraordinary track record as an NGO,an excellent dedicated cadre and most importantly a practical visionary agenda. In the past 5 years where Dr.JP has been a elected MLA , he has taken up to light on some of the most demanding issues . Search for “Jayaprakash Narayan in Assembly” in youtube and you can see the action first hand. One sample video on youtube. You can check out the 50 guarantees of Loksatta Party for the promises. Please take time to read them. And what not, the office bearers are choosen by internal democracy.You vote who takes care of party.
- I personally believe that TDP is following Loksatta Agenda these days. Todays Agenda of Loksatta is tommorrows action point of TDP. TDP has taken up the VANPIC issue only after JP raised it in assembly. TDP took up the Farmers satyagraha only after Loksatta led a protest to sell AP farmer produce to Karnataka.
- A party with good beliefs and vision will always make other parties change. Recent PehleAAP phenomenon in Delhi is the living proof.
Q. What is the work done by Dr.JP in Kukatpally in last 5 years ?
- You dont need to do much effort, entire list is collated at http://www.kukatpallynow.com . Surajya Movement was done recently to give awareness of good politics. For other tons of Loksatta efforts in last 5 years,you can check out the Activities tab in official website.
Q.What are the achievements in electoral field for Loksatta from its inception as a party ?
- Loksatta Dr.JP has won Kukatpally Assembly constituency in 2009 polling around 70+ thousand votes. LSP contested the by elections in 2008 and secured second place in Khairatabad and Terlam constituencies in Andhra Pradesh. There have been good number of Local panchayat representatives elected in the recently finished Panchayat elections in Andhra Pradesh. Loksatta has polled around 7.5 lakh votes in entire state of Andhra pradesh in 2009 (thats more than half of Chiranjeevi’s PRP for comparison) elections with close to 10-12 % in constituencies in Hyderabad and other urban places. And let me remind you that all this wins are by using the legal money given by people, without distributing any liquor or a green note.
Q.What is the stand of Loksatta on Telangana issue ?
- Loksatta is not against Telangana formation. But the due process has to be followed in a logical ethical manner where all stakeholders are in a win-win situation and nobody looses because of a political decision. More from official website here.
Q. Why couldnt Loksatta perform in 2009 as similar to AAP in 2013 ?
- Delhi is a mostly urban territory . AP is not. LSP did the strategic mistake of contesting all 294 constituencies inspite of only urban appeal. LSP made a dent in Hyderabad and Vijayawada. Ask TDP , they will tell how LSP made a difference in these urban places.
- 2) Delhi in 2013 is vexed with 15 year rule of Cong . The only alternative was BJP. It is comfortable to play the game as underdog with only 3 players. AP in 2009 had Cong with YSR launching stellar welfare schemes just before elections in his first 5 year term. PRP was just being launched . TDP,TRS trying to make a living . There was no political vacuum left for LSP. Things in 2014 will be entirely different.
Q. Where all the states Loksatta party is functioning and how can one be a member of it ?
- Loksatta party currently has strong base in Andhra Pradesh. It is significant in Bangalore and even participated in Karnataka elections securing a very good vote presence. Loksatta Maharashtra has won some panchayats and is the next big thing. Loksatta Tamil Nadu is roaring and hoping to make its presence in coming elections. Loksatta has good number of supporters in Haryana and Delhi.
- If you are an NRI, you can join Loksatta NRI wing PeopleForLoksatta , the most dedicated and vibrant overseas supporters ushering for a change in India.
- You can join loksatta at http://members.loksatta.org . Incase of any further questions, you can call up Loksatta at 040-66736672 . Or you can just ping me if you can🙂
Q. What are the official online channels where i can keep track of Loksatta activities ?
- Official Website : http://www.loksatta.org
- Official Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/loksatta
- Official Facebook Page of Dr.Jp : https://www.facebook.com/JPLOKSATTA
- Facebook Page of PeopleForLoksatta : https://www.facebook.com/PeopleForLoksatta
- Official Twitter id : https://twitter.com/Loksatta_Party
- Official Twitter id of Dr.Jp : https://twitter.com/JP_LOKSATTA
- Twitter ids of Loksatta Leaders: https://twitter.com/LoksattaMember/lsp-leaders/members
- Youtube Channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/loksattapartyvideos
PS: I hope i could write much more , but the aim of blogpost was just an introduction .
If you do not have a vote and need to make your voice count for India’s future,please checkout my earlier blogpost MakeYourVoteCount